2017 Indie Memphis youth film Fest Submissions are now open!
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH AT THE HALLORAN CENTRE at the Orpheum
See below for submission rules & guidelines
Sign up now to join our new YOUTH FILM SOCIETY
Enjoy free workshops with industry professionals, screenings, and more!
Whether you’re a filmmaker, actor or just love movies, if you're in grades 7-12 you'll want to join the Youth Film Society. Get updates on the 2017 Youth Film Fest including how to request a free pass and submit a film to the festival. Plus you'll receive invitations to special Indie Memphis events like workshops and screenings.
Youth Film Fest Submission Rules & Guidelines
• Open to students in grades 7 – 12 and 2016 high school graduates from Memphis and surrounding area: Shelby County (TN), DeSoto County (MS), Crittenden County (AR), Tipton County (TN), Fayette County (TN), Marshall County (MS), and Mississippi County (AR)
• Students can submit for free films of any type and length (Under 10 minutes required)
• Films can be shot with any type of equipment including cell phone, iPad and Go Pro cameras.
• The director, writer, camera person and picture editor must be between grades 7 - 12, including upcoming 2017 high school graduates. The actors may be of any age. Adults may assist the crew in advisory/educational roles only.
• Students can submit as many entries as they like but each must be submitted as a separate entry
• Prizes will be awarded to winning entries.
• Presentations and workshops will feature several high-profile guests and speakers. More details coming soon!
The deadline to submit is 11:59pm, Tuesday, August 1st 2017