2013 Filmmaker Info
What We Need From Feature Filmmakers...
We are still in the process of finalizing the festival schedule, but if you have been accepted into the 16th annual Indie Memphis Film Festival we should have your exact screening time soon! In the meantime, there are a few things we need from you ASAP!
- High Res director's photo (300 dpi, if possible). Please email those to [email protected]
- High Res stills (300 dpi or better) to represent the film in our festival program. Feel free to send us a few options; we'll also use them for the website and any media requests. Please email those to [email protected]
- Jury & Press screeners for your film. You can either send 5 additional DVDs (October 1 deadline) OR access to a password secured Vimeo link. If you are sending DVD's , please send to: Indie Memphis 1910 Madison Ave. #632, Memphis, TN 38104
- We also need you to go to http://tinyurl.com/IMfilminfo to fill out an online form that we put together to help us collect all the other bits of info we need about you and your film. The sooner you get this to us, the better!
- EXHIBITION FORMATS: Please let us know which formats you have available. DCP or BluRay are likely the best option for most films. For a few films we'll be able to support HDcam, DigiBeta, or possibly Quicktime H.264 files. The format we will need for your film will be determined by the venue, so it's really important that you let us know all available options.
- POSTER DESIGN CONTEST: We're excited to be partnering this year with the Memphis chapter of AIGA ( the professional associations for design) for a new contest created to recognize the poster design work of the narrative and documentary features. There will be both juried and audience award components to this, and this will be a great way to get the work out about your film -- and hopefully some additional recognition (and awards!) for your film and the Art Director of your poster design. To participate, we need you to send us a full-size (1-sheet - 27" wide x 41" tall) foam core mounted poster by no later than October 18. The biggest expense will likely be shipping -- but please email Brighid ([email protected]) to set up your shipping through Indie Memphis.
- TRAVEL & LODGING: We have a GREAT rate for attendees at our Host Hotel, the historic Peabody Hotel (block away from Beale St!)! You can take advantage of our $119 rate by booking through the link www.indiememphis.com/lodging by no later than October 1. If you have any travel questions, please email Brighid at [email protected]
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns as it relates to any of this, please reach out to Brighid Wheeler at [email protected] or by phone, 901-888-4128.